I hope you guys are ready for this jelly, because I’m about to BOMBARD you with awesome little tidbits about SPvsTW. “Why are you doing this Dianna?” You may ask. There’s a lot of misinformation out there and I felt like it was my duty as resident comic book nerd to set the record STRAIGHT!
*pushes up her glasses*
Are you ready? Let’s GO~~~~!!!!
Here are a couple of fun facts about the new Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Video Game coming August 10th for PSN and August 25th for Xbox Live.
- Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is based on the Graphic Novel of the same name by Brian Lee O’Mally. It’s an awesome read for those of you who haven’t gotten a chance to check it out.
- There is a movie based on the Graphic Novel that is coming out August 14th of the same title (notice a trend here?) starring Michael Cera:
- The Art Designer of the game is named Paul Robertson. His art is so… AWESOME. He’s known for a video that he did about 4 years ago named: Pirate Baby’s Cabana Battle Street Fight. People were so impressed by the art style they SWORE it looked like a video game. Nope.. he’s just that awesome. Check it out :
and video #2
- Paul Robertson’s also designed the new Anamanaguchi album cover. If you don’t know Anamanaguchi, they are a “Chiptune” band that makes music that sounds like it’s from an old school NES system. I urge you to CLICK HERE or HERE for more info.
- Anamanaguchi is ALSO composing the music to the game: you can listen to some samples HERE
As you can see, there are a lot of heavy hitters behind this fanchise. I’m happy to see folks getting the credit and the recognition they deserve. Honestly, the game itself may be the best Movie to Game port to come out in a while. Playing it was a blast and I can’t wait to get my hands on the full game — and the movie when they come out in a couple of weeks.
Jeeze.. did I miss anything? Did your head explode from too much awesome?? Let me know! Put you’re two cents in! Are you excited for the movie as am I?